Sunday, June 26, 2011

Two Weeks Post Surgery

So it has been almost two weeks since I had surgery on my hip. They went in to repair what they thought was a possible tear in the labrum of my hip. What they found was that the labrum was detached so it was anchored to reattach it, they shaved down some extra bone on my pelvis that was causing problems with the labrum. They also did a release on the iliopsoas tendon because it was too tight. I will be on crutches for another 2-3 weeks and begin rehab this week. The relaxation part has been nice. I've been able to read many books for fun which I haven't had much time to do recently. The bad part is I'm pretty helpless to do much of anything on my own. Thankfully my husband has been wonderful with all this juggling class, car work, and both mine and his dad's surgeries.

No comments:

Post a Comment